To get a good grade on your homework each night, in your homework report to me please be specific. For example, if you watched some video tutorials, send me the Web links to them. If you worked on a Blender project, spend five minutes describing briefly what you did.
For your homework tonight, please again spend 90 to 120 minutes doing this:
- Finish preparing a 1 to 2 minute presentation for Saturday morning October 17, discussing and analyzing a short clip from a video or movie that contains special effects that you would like to analyze. Discuss in the essay and presentation what you find interesting about the special effects and how they support the movie. In the presentation show a clip that is up to 30 seconds long from the section of the movie you analyzed. More than 30 seconds may be OK on a case by case basis. Make a connection to at least one principle of design or animation, and one principle of the Science of Consciousness or Maharishi Vedic Science. (For ideas on principles of design or animation that might apply, you could review the book Universal Principles of Design or refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_basic_principles_of_animation or other sources.) Email a revised draft of your 450-550 word essay to email@example.com by 10 a.m. Saturday October 17.
- Note that the time you spent viewing the movie or movies you are researching can count as homework time.
- Optionally, work on creating material for Assignment 1, described in the class syllabus (first draft due date: 10 AM October 17), and/or
- Optionally, view Blender-related materials (which could include videos, tutorials, Web resources, etc.), and/or
- Optionally, work with Blender, and/or
- Optionally, shoot video for potential use in projects for this class, and/or
- Optionally, write down and/or sketch ideas for possible projects you might work on for this class. Have fun!
- Spend 5 minutes writing a short paragraph describing specifically what you did (which tutorials you worked with, what you did with Blender, etc.) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org